28 November 2017. Off to Bangkok

I wasn't really ready to leave Singapore but had booked a flight and hotel in Bangkok, so off I went. Everything was easy and I was struck by the peace of Changi and Scoot - a low cost Singapore airline with cabin crew called Scooties. Although similar to Easyjet and Ryanair, there was none of the crazy queuing to board, no seat rage and locker rage. Is that the British or the European airlines? Certainly tthe latter are partly to blame with their petty rules about checking in. Why nt provide a bank of check in machines as Scoot / Changi do?

















Anyway, it was a good on time flight and I made my way to the hotel. Despite my request to be in a room not overlooking a huge building site, I found myself back at reception within about two minutes asking to change rooms. To be fair, this was easily acquiesced to.
So I then set off to Hua Lamphong station to get train information. This confirmed to me that the trip to Laos was best undertaken with a break - otherwise it would be a night train which has no advantage over flying for me - either way you miss the scenery.
It's nice to be back in the familiarity of Bangkok. It's my fifth visit and I feel I have quite a good working knowledge of the city.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 November 2017, Day at the National Gallery Singapore

24 December 2017. Trip to the New Territories - Sai Kung and Wong Shek

25 November 2017. Fort Canning Park