30 November 2017. Who'd be a Chinese tourist?

I took the water bus up to the Royal Palace - A very pleasant mode of transport!

When I got off there was pandemonium with a man shouting into a megaphone to a huge queue of people. These turned out to be Chinese tourists waiting to go on their boat trip. All standing in the sun, the whole adventure looked like hell. I wondered if they go home with good memories of their holiday.



Anyway, I carried on my way, taking note of all the portraits of the new King.


 I carried on via the peaceful Saranrom Park


 into Chinatown and went to the station to buy my ticket for Saturday. The Eastern & Oriental Express from Singapore via the Kwai Bridge had recently arrived and looked splendidly luxurious

I then walked back to Saphin Taksin Pier where the shuttle boats were queuing to pick up their passengers.All (including me), very cosetted.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27 November 2017, Day at the National Gallery Singapore

24 December 2017. Trip to the New Territories - Sai Kung and Wong Shek

25 November 2017. Fort Canning Park